20th Mar 2014
Here are five reasons you need a living trust:
1. Your assets will go directly to your beneficiaries — bypassing the lengthy and expensive probate process, especially here in California.
2. A trust is private and will not become public record like a will does.
3. Trust can help you protect your property, especially if you own property in different states. During probate, each of these properties is subject to review in the state where it’s located. You can avoid this process with a trust.
4. Trusts can help to reduce state and federal estate taxes.
5. Trusts allow you to decide when and under which conditions assets pass on to the beneficiaries.
Dwight Edward Tompkins,
Living Trust Lawyer,
Orange County, California